Well, things have been interesting.
Back at the end of April, I put up a post begging the gods for a break, some sort of help since things had been going wrong for some time.
A week later, I put up a post of Thanksgiving (in this case meaning literally “to give thanks”).
Now, on Memorial Day in the United States, less than two days away from the end of the month, I’m ready to explain why.
The bad luck I have been operating under for some time now has finally broken. I don’t know what happened, if it was my plea, if it was you all and your well wishes for me and mine, or if it was simply the wheel of life coming around again, but things have been going better lately.
- We got financing on our house (Yes, we are going to be able to buy and live in our own home)
- My wife got a job making just a little bit less than I do, so we now have two incomes
- I was compelled to file my taxes and it turns out that I’m owed a HUGE refund
- I’ve been invited to (and had to turn down) three separate invitations to be a guest speaker at Pagan gatherings or events (mainly because I can’t take the time or travel to them)
- I’ve gotten my car fixed so I can drive again
- My daughter was accepted to Nashville School of the Arts (a really big deal)
There are others, but those are the ones that matter the most. And this is not to say that I haven’t had bad days and times, because I have, but things are going very well for us. So well in fact, that my wife keeps wondering when the train is going to wreck because every other time this has happened, it’s been just before major disasters. Not going to happen this time though.
We close on the house on Wednesday, as I said, two days away. I have to get one piece of paperwork and then sign the papers.
So if you have ever had any kind of kind thought toward me and mine, or wished that things would be better, or included me in your rituals, thank you. Thank you so much for that. It does work, and I’m glad to say that it does.
I can’t tell you how happy I am.