(Note from Daven: Okay, I admit it, I’m addicted to email. I LOVE getting it and reading it. Sometimes I get chain emails too. And in those cases, I usually delete it as soon as I know what it is. However, this showed up in my Inbox right around the start of the New Millenium (and I know that it doesn’t really start until 2001) and it caught my eye. I copied it and sent it along to a lot of other people, and I got some good responses to it, despite the fact that it is a Chain-email. And thus SPAM, was born. LOL)
Happy 2000 from Dalai Lama
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE:
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: Respect for self Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realise you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
THE PRECEDING WAS TAKEN FROM A NEPALESE GOOD LUCK MANTRA. YOU’LL FIND IT TO BE WORTH READING AND WORTH SHARING:
Originally posted 2009-11-14 22:12:52. Republished by Blog Post Promoter