Been a while.
Well, let’s see…
In no particular order
- Our girl came back, so now we are a three instead of just a duo. Rhiannon couldn’t be more thrilled since she now has a “sister”.
- Finished up a leather commission last night
- Finished Harry Potter on Friday
- Been working on my sister site, it’s ALMOST ready. Just a few more tweaks (to some of the explanation pages) and entering inventory and products into the database, and it’s going live.
- Mary got a job. Working from the house, on the phone talking to people who give her credit card numbers. If you can’t figure it out from that, well, you need to rent a brain.
- Got a new computer so our third can work from the house too, she’s got an Internet Job, doing design for other’s sites and so on. So, that’s four PCs in one house that are active.
- Things are better at work. Turns out the people I work with are human after all.
- I’ve lost weight
- It’s been three and a half years since I quit smoking (aniversary of that on Jan 14, 2002, two days after my birthday)
- Teaching a class in Druidism at the ODU
- Trying to get through the Paganism book mentioned in another post. Little time to read.
- Been offered the chance to buy our little one bedroom apt. Then we started thinking about it. More later*
- Out of cash, but anticipating several fundage incomes here in the very near future.
- Looking for a house to fit us all.
So all that has been keeping me from working on this for a while. I’ll try to get something up soon.
As for the apt. Turns out that our landlord is renting it too. There is the owner (who contacted us) who is renting it to our landlord, who is subleting it to us. He’s charging us a premium for it too. It’s a $25K property that has $18K left on it before it’s owned. But our landlord has been missing payments and not keeping up with the taxes and so on. So the owner called us directly and wants to sell it to us and bypass the guy who has been messing with him.
Now, here’s the dilemma; If we commit to purchasing this, then we won’t have the funds to purchase a house with more room for all of us. We won’t be able to move and four people in a one bedroom apt will quickly get on everyone’s nerves. If we don’t do this, and keep saving the money to get a house, then the owner will find another buyer who could evict us for whatever reason he wants (although with 90 days notice), leaving us out on the street if we can’t find a suitable place to move to. If we manage to buy the place, and a house, what do we do with it when we move out? I don’t want it, it would only be an investment, and with property values crashing like they are, the real estate market is soft.
So, I think no matter what happens, we may be screwed. The best we can hope for is to find a new house quickly, find someone with credit good enough to co-sign with us, us to move and for things with the apt to drift like they have been for now. Or the Powerball Lottery. Yeah, I think $150,000,000 or more could solve our problems really easily.
I made that. It’s Hemetite and Malechite with small Smoky Quartz beads in between. Supposed to be a mnemonic for me to remember the Ogham fews.