(Note from Daven: I found this on another newsgroup, and it sparked a deep interest in me. I could wish more people lived this way. It would make for a better world.)
The Native American Ten Commandments
The Indian Ten Commandments (“Indian” meaning the indigenous people of the continent known now as North America. Commandments meaning traditional guidelines for harmonious social interchange.)
- Treat the earth and all that dwells thereon with respect.
- Remain close to the Great Spirit.
- Show great respect for your fellow beings.
- Work together for the benefit of all mankind.
- Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
- Do what you know to be right.
- Look after well being of mind and body.
- Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
- Be truthful and honest at all times.
- Take full responsibility for all your actions