I’m considering redoing the Journal into a CMS system like PHPNuke or WordPress, pulling the articles into pages, making the blog an actual blog, keeping everything up to date and so on.
It will require a LOT of work on my part in order to do it, along the lines of a month or more.
What is your opinions on this, my loyal readers? Do you think it would make your experience here easier? It would have the following benefits:
- more consistent with standards of HTML and page links
- Search functions would be integrated
- You would be able to comment directly on stories/articles
- You could skin the site so that it looked differently for you
- more functionality through WordPress plugins.
- no more frameset for the site.
But if I do this, it’s a one way trip. It’s hard enough to do it once, I won’t be reverting back once I get it done. And it will take time.
So, your thoughts? Just comment on this post and I’ll get the info (but if you are reading it on a feed, like on Livejournal or Dreamwidth, please come to the site to comment.)